How does one make sense of the video streaming market in India today? Where are the revenues despite its large base of viewers, and what will drive the next wave of growth for the streaming landscape? The Future of Video India aims to address some of these key questions and look at how business models are changing and adapting in the coming year.
Over the last four years, the battleground for video streaming services has slowly been shifting from the United States to India. According to a report by Boston Consulting Group, the OTT market in India is the fourth largest in the world and is expected to grow to USD$15 billion over the next decade at a CAGR of 25 per cent. With over 40 players in the OTT space to date, it is one of the most competitive among growing markets.
Despite this enormous growth, video streaming platforms are far from making profits and are instead strapped with high content costs, low ARPUs, an overcrowded marketplace with too many consumer options, and the perennial challenge of piracy.
Don’t miss out on some of the new session topics for 2022.
- Regulations & Policies: What’s the Direction for Future Video Entertainment in India
- Cracking the Code – Creating Consistently Great Shows for India
- Building SVOD Success in an AVOD Dominated Market
- 5G – Opening the Door to Innovations in Video Streaming
- Maximising the Value of Advertising in OTT and CTV
- Changes in Indian Sports Broadcasting
More information available here.