The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) will be kicking off its conference calendar for the year with the OTT Summit – The Future of Video Streaming. Alongside the OTT Summit, AVIA will also be hosting Piracy Over the Top, the companion event focused on streaming pirated services, as streaming piracy becomes the biggest competitive threat to the video industry.
The OTT Summit will cover all angles of Asia’s OTT industry through the lessons learnt in 2020 and the business strategies now being deployed in 2021, in the age of the digital streaming revolution. The four key themes of the Summit will focus on:
The Changing Face of Business Models – With a year of COVID lockdowns behind us, will 2021 be a seminal year for the industry? We want to know how the tides are changing as more players enter the field and how best to scale a streaming business as competition heats up.
Content and Monetisation – Any streaming service is only as good as its library, but the balance between investing and monetising has never been more challenging. Do different content propositions lend themselves to different monetisation models? And what can we learn from the world of gaming?
Premium Video Advertising – 2020 was a tough year for the advertising markets but expectations are that there will be a strong recovery in Asia. Will this come in 2021? And as budgets continue to be moved from linear to digital, do advertisers understand the opportunity of premium video in the streaming era?
Investing in Technology – Content is king, but technology is the undisputed queen. We explore how you pull together all the necessary pieces required to deliver a world class experience for consumers and how you harness technology rather than letting it hinder you.
Opening the Summit this year is Matthew Ball, the Managing Partner of Epyllion Industries. In his presentation, Ball will be providing a global perspective of the video industry, its impact on the Asian markets and how streamers can position themselves for greater success.
Other key speakers joining the OTT Summit this year include:
- Euan Smith, Group COO and CEO, TV, Astro
- Gulshan Verma, SVP & Head, Advertising, Disney+ Hotstar
- Sutanto Hartono, MD, PT. Elang Mahkota Teknologi (EMTEK)
- Quark Henares, Head, Globe Studios
- Rohit Jain, MD, Lionsgate South Asia and Networks – Emerging Markets Asia, Lionsgate
- Anil Nihalani, Head of Digital Products & Technology, Mediacorp
- Anita Munro, Chief Investment Officer, Mindshare APAC
- Tony Zameczkowski, VP, Business Development, Asia, Netflix
- Manish Verma, Head of Technology, SonyLIV
- Emily Wee, VP of Content & Operations, TM Net
- Helen Sou, Chief Business Officer – Asia, Viu
- Lesley Simpson, Country Manager, WeTV and iflix Indonesia
The OTT Summit will be held virtually from 29 March to 1 April, 09:30 – 12:30pm SGT, and Piracy Over the Top will take place on 29 March, 3 – 6pm SGT. Full event details here.
The OTT Summit is generously supported by Gold Sponsors Brightcove, Google, Irdeto, TV5MONDE, Xandr and Silver Sponsors Alibaba Cloud, Encoding.com, iWedia, Kaltura, Lionsgate, Mediacorp, MediaKind, NETFLIX, PubMatic, SmartLabs, Synamedia, Vindicia, WarnerMedia, Zixi