The biggest mobile show in the world is taking place next week – here’s what to expect from MWC2017.
One of my customers asked me what the theme for Barcelona was this year. After replying “The Next Element”, they thought for a while and asked me, “What does it mean?” I replied that, like all of MWC, it can mean everything and nothing at the same time.
MWC is a lot of different things to different people. The conference and exhibition are so huge, two people can have a vastly different experience.
What are my expectations from MWC2017?
Our calendars are already jam-packed from breakfast to late night tapas and sangria – OK it’s Barcelona, so food must come into it. We try and get around to as many meetings and keynotes as possible, planning ahead is key to making the most of every second of the event.
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy S8
- HTC: HTC 11
- LG: LG G6
- Sony: Sony Xperia XZ2
- Huawei: Huawei P10
To be honest, handsets are not my thing, but here’s some of the top picks on our plan for this year.
EMI Expectations from MWC2017 – Day 1
- 5G & NFV Tour
- The Disruptive Impact of Blockchain
- Mobile Operator Digital Transformation 1
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Keynote 4: Reed Hastings, CEO and Founder, Netflix
EMI Expectations from MWC2017 – Day 2
- The Digital Enterprise and Employees
- Optimizing for Exceptional Video Experiences
- Consumer Data: Privacy and Opportunity
- Keynote 7: The Content Gold Rush
- NFV: A Re-Examination
EMI Expectations from MWC2017 – Day 3
- Keynote 8: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Disruption in Digital Finance
- The Power of Personalization
- Acquire, Aggregate, Partner? Creating value for Telcos in Content
EMI Expectations from MWC2017 – Day 4
- Keynote 11: Start Up Innovation
- The Fan Experience
- Social Engineering: Hacking the User
We will also be jogging the halls, meeting with customers et al and we can always make time to catch you too.
This article was originally published at PricingDataPlans