Hadden Telecoms has published its 5G Market Reality Check on the status of operator activities in 5G, including deployments and launches of 5G NR networks.
The number of commercially launched 5G networks has doubled in under 3 months. According to its latest research 287 Network Operators are investing in 5G in 105 countries, including 44 operators that have commercially launched 5G networks in 26 countries.
The research confirms:
* The number of commercially launched networks is up 100% since May 2019
* The number of operators investing in 5G activities is up over 20% in the same period
The total of 5G network launches (44) was reached in just over 1 year, whereas 4G/LTE took 2 years to achieve the same milestone.
* At least 38 operators use sub-6GHz bands, mostly in the range 3.4-3.8 GHz
* 2 operators use 2.5-2.6 GHz range, and one uses 700 MHz
* 4 operators use mmWave bands
Note: some operators use more than one band for 5G service. Spectrum confirmation is awaited from 2 operators.
The list of 44 launched 5G networks and their spectrum bands is available as a free download at www.haddentelecoms.com
The availability of 5G devices was confirmed in a related research update by the company on 29 July confirming 95 5G devices had been announced by 38 manufacturers.
Be the first to comment