RSA has announced its keynote speaker line-up for next week’s RSA Conference 2018 Asia-Pacific & Japan (APJ), with plenty of public-sector voices this year as the conference focuses on evolving government regulations, privacy laws and regional C-suite concerns.
The keynotes will be opened by Ng Hoo Ming, deputy chief executive (operations) at the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA), who will discuss data governance, cybersecurity and regulation, and outline how cyber threats are real and threaten data, which is the lifeblood of many business operations, digital economies, and smart nations.
Narelle Devine, CISO, Australian Government Department of Human Services, and Dr. Tobias Feakin, Australian Ambassador for Cyber Affairs, will join Ng to provide perspectives from the public sector.
GDPR is also on the agenda this year, as organizations around the world grapple to find the right mix of risk management and smart data practices. RSA Conference has assembled a panel dedicated to GDPR, with panellists including Alexandra Cebulsky, senior legal counsel for Ethics and Compliance – Data Privacy at Accenture; Tharishini Arumugam, APAC privacy director of AON; and Hilary Wandall, general counsel and chief data governance officer at TrustArc. The panel will discuss the far-reaching impact of GDPR regulations on the regional community and what to expect in the years ahead.
The Hugh Thompson Show will be a highlight on the conference keynote stage. RSA Conference program chair Thompson will feature special guests Sophia, the social humanoid robot, and Mahmood Sharif, a computer security and artificial intelligence researcher and expert, who will discuss the role of cybersecurity in the application of artificial intelligence and its potential to revolutionize business.
“With dynamic and fast-developing economies that are poised to lead global growth, Asia is characterized by its accelerating connectivity and innovative use of technology, making it a prime target for cyber-attacks,” said Linda Gray Martin, director and GM for RSA Conference. “Increasingly, cybersecurity conversations are not just for CIOs, CISOs and IT managers. The rest of the C-suite, government officials and citizens need to come together to strengthen APJ’s cybersecurity posture.”
Other keynote speakers and sessions include:
- Rohit Ghai, president of RSA | Cybersecurity Silver Linings
- Diana Kelley, cybersecurity field CTO at Microsoft | Harnessing the Law of Data Gravity: Cyber-Defense for the Hybrid Cloud
- Neil Campbell, director of global security solutions at Telstra | A “Cyber Secure” Nation
- Kevin Skapinetz, VP of strategy and design at IBM Security | Our Biggest Bet Yet
- Sumedh Thakar, chief product officer at Qualys | Transparent Orchestration: The Visibility to Act at the Moment of Truth
- Abdallah Zabian, Asia GM for aecurity at DXC Technology | Security Maturity Drives Growth and Innovation
- Amit Zavery, EVP of cloud platform, Oracle Corporation | The Impact of Autonomous Security in Today’s Threat Landscape
RSA Conference 2018 Asia-Pacific & Japan (APJ) begins Wednesday, 25 July, and runs through Friday, 27 July, at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center in Singapore.
Disruptive.Asia is a media sponsor of RSA Conference 2018 Asia-Pacific & Japan (APJ). For more details on the conference, click right here.