Salesforce has announced Slack GPT, a new conversational AI experience natively integrated into Slack that it claims will transform how work gets done. Slack GPT will deliver the ability to use generative AI app integrations, different language models, and the power to tap into secure customer data insights from the Customer 360 and Data Cloud. It will also work with Einstein GPT to unlock the power of CRM and conversational data to make every organisation more productive.
New native AI built into Slack
Slack will bring AI natively into the user experience to help customers work smarter, learn faster, and communicate better. For example, AI-powered conversation summaries and writing assistance will be available directly in Slack, all with just a click.
Slack’s new AI-ready platform
With the newly released Slack platform, customers will be able to build no-code workflows that embed AI actions with simple prompts at each step, making it easy for anyone to deploy AI automation. They can also securely integrate a large language model (LLM) from companies like OpenAI and Anthropic, or use the LLM of their choice. This includes those funded by Salesforce Venture’s generative AI fund and, in the future, Salesforce’s proprietary LLMs.
New Einstein GPT app for Slack
Slack is the conversational interface to the Customer 360, soon bringing Einstein GPT-powered insights from real-time customer data to life in Slack and enriching every team’s understanding of their customers. “Generative AI has enormous potential to redefine how work is done and unlock significant business productivity,” said Lidiane Jones, CEO of Slack. “The real power of this technology is when AI can analyse and act on the most valuable data from a company’s most trusted resource — its own internal knowledge. Slack GPT is the conversational AI platform of the future, helping organisations easily tap into their trusted customer data and essential employee knowledge so they can work smarter and make smarter decisions faster.”
Slack’s new State of Work report finds companies are missing opportunities to boost employee productivity with time-saving technologies — including AI and automations.
- People adopting AI are 90% more likely to report higher levels of productivity.
- Yet, just 27% of companies currently use AI tools to help increase efficiency.
- Those who use automations at work estimate saving an average of 3.6 hours a week –this equates to, at minimum, one working month given back to each employee annually to focus on meaningful work.
Slack GPT hopes to deliver intelligence across automations, shared knowledge, and conversations in Slack. Most importantly, the AI is customisable to a company’s unique needs — whether they want to integrate a language model of choice, build their own AI-powered no-code workflows, or bring AI effortlessly into the Slack experience.
Native capabilities are purpose-built AI features designed to fit seamlessly into Slack’s interface, making it more convenient and easier to get contextual AI assistance. In the future, customers could:
- Summarise conversations and huddles: Getting up to speed on unread Slack messages in one click, or asking Slack GPT to join a huddle and instantly provide a summary and next steps afterwards.
- Communicate more effectively: With AI assistance built contextually into Slack’s message composer and newly launched Slack canvas, customers will be able to distil the content easily, adjust the tone, and more.
Integrations in Slack’s app directory are a quick and secure way for customers to extend the functionality of third-party or in-house LLMs they already use in Slack. With Slack GPT, customers will be able to:
- Create no-code workflows that automate work across Slack, LLMs, and their ecosystem of software tools. In Workflow Builder, customers will be able to connect a generative AI app to a workflow instantly.
- Integrate generative AI apps from leading platforms like ChatGPT from OpenAI and Claude from Anthropic, built on Slack’s trusted platform. These apps will not be used to train their large language models.
- Build custom integrations. With a thriving Slack developer community, customers can build their own custom integrations that tap into intelligence powered by leading LLMs.
Related article: When using ChatGPT follow this golden rule