Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) says it has partnered with Dimension Data and FireEye as part of a multimillion dollar five-year investment to build its first Cyber Defence and Response Centre (CDRC).
The CDRC will provide around-the-clock advanced event monitoring, threat protection and intelligence, and incident response to arm both Vodafone Enterprise and its customers against rapidly evolving online security threats.
Vodafone Chief Technology Officer Kevin Millroy said the strategic partnership with Dimension Data and FireEye provides the company with a suite of additional security capabilities to ensure the company remains resilient against cybercriminals.
“The capabilities, maturity, flexibility, and scalability of Dimension Data and FireEye enables us to be ready and open to exchange threat information and knowledge with the federal government’s Australian Cyber Security Centre, and ultimately contribute to protecting Australia’s national security and economic prosperity from online threats,” Millroy said.
The center will leverage Vodafone’s existing security investments, and will be powered by Dimension Data’s and FireEye’s global network of advanced security operations centers.
The CDRC service portfolio includes:
- Proactive threat hunting: actively hunt for potential threats before an attack occurs
- Global threat intelligence correlation: work closely with government agencies and industry partners to identify any global threats
- Threat subscriptions: focused on cybercrime and critical infrastructure
- Vulnerability management: proactive discovery and remediation of any security weaknesses
- Ethical hacking: systematically attempt to penetrate existing systems to exploit vulnerabilities
- Incident response: address and manage recovery following an attack
- Digital forensics capabilities: obtain, analyze, identify and preserve details involved in an attack
- Crisis management: assist with the aftermath of an attack.
FireEye’s regional director for Australia and New Zealand, Richard Metcalfe, said Australian organizations are increasingly recognizing the significant risks posed by online attacks. “These risks confront organizations of all sizes, and it’s critical we collectively improve our defenses against these attacks.”
Dimension Data’s Group Executive Security, Matt Gyde, said cyber security is an enabler of innovation, and fundamental to the fabric of businesses in the digitally connected world particularly as the cyber threat environment continues to evolve.
VHA says its partnership with Dimension Data will be for three years, plus a two-year option to extend, while its contract with FireEye is for five years.